• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 keeps removing itself why?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have no other idea on how to contact tech support as the live chat is useless so I'm guessing this is my only option. 

I purchased the disc of LR 5 years ago and is fit for purpose as I don't take photo as much as I used to, recently everytime I log in to my (Windows ) laptop the software as been removed and I have to find ways to get it repaired as it's still listed as being installed on my computer but all the shortcuts and app have been removed.

any ideas?

my lr is 5.7.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr5 has been released in 2013 and replaced by Lr6 in 2015.

You won't get any support from Adobe for such an old product and here, we are all users like yourself.

However, I know of installations of Lr5 on current Windows 10 that work a treat. That said, without any further details on what exactly happens and when exactly, it is not possible to try to help.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Hi thanks for the reply.

Every time I turn my laptop, I have to do a part reinstall LR again. Everytime.

Sent from my Huawei phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Explain further. Provide details. What does "part reinstall" mean? What is the exact message you get, word-for-word, verbatim, that indicates you must do a "part reinstall"??

Then, what do you do? Is it successful?

Don't make us guess. Give us lots of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines