• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 not importing photos

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.7.  Just recently, it is hanging when I try to import a photo from my iMac desktop, event just one.  Import bar hangs at around the 10% mark for hours.  Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

I've moved this conversation to the Lightroom Classic room.

(Moderator).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

What drive are the photos on? Internal drive? External drive? Camera card? Network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this conversation to the Lightroom Classic room.

(Moderator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What drive are the photos on? Internal drive? External drive? Camera card? Network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, they were in the iMac desktop.  Someone else has kindly pointed out that if I put them into folders on the hard drive first, they will then import okay and they did.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic reports it. Info from first line down to and including plugin info. In Lightroom Classic click on Help, then  System Info, then Copy. Paste into a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now how is that (my inquiry into sys info) a correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution? Running Lightning 5.7.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information: files being imported from NAS. It has worked before without an issue and when selecting the import, I actually see the files and I'm able to select for subfolders, but still it freezes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution? Running Lightning 5.7.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Thank you.

By @eltato

Please start a new thread. Describe the problem in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I will in the next minutes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines