• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously used Lightroom Classic 5 and then purchased Lightroom Classic at the end of 2019.  I now have both Lightroom versions on my computer.  How can I confirm that all LR Classic 5 information was synced into the upgraded Lightroom Classic?  I would like to remove the LR Classic 5 from my hard drive but am fearful that Lightroom Classic did not capture everything from Classic 5.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I confirm that all LR Classic 5 information was synced into the upgraded Lightroom Classic?

You open each catalog and look at the contents with your own eyes.

I would like to remove the LR Classic 5 from my hard drive but am fearful that Lightroom Classic did not capture everything from Classic 5.

How did you do the conversion of the LR 5 catalog to Lightroom Classic? Did you just upgrade the existing catalog? Sometimes, a different catalog is upgraded and that is why you need to check carefully the contents of each catalog.

Also, for clarity, there is no such thing as LR Classic 5, you have Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote “  then purchased Lightroom Classic at the end of 2019.  I now have both Lightroom versions on my computer.“ 

Explain what did you do purchase Lightroom or did you subscribe to Lightroom Classic via monthly or annual payments. To be clear you cannot purchase Lightroom Classic. Confirm exactly what version of the application you have installed?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What makes you believe that everything from Lightroom 5 wasn't "synchronized" to Lightroom Classic? Lightroom Classic converted the catalog you were using in Lightroom 5 by creating a new copy of that catalog. Connsequently, everything that was in that catalog should have been included in the new one. Is there anything that you can identify that has been eliminated? The images are not "in" the catalog. They are in folders on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines