• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom 5 will suddenly no longer open on my MacBook Pro. From reading it seems like it's simply no longer compatable. So I am trying to subscribe to the Lightroom Plan with the monthly payment, but no matter what I do it won't accept my UK postcode. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom 5 will suddenly no longer open on my MacBook Pro. From reading it seems like it's simply no longer compatable

What is your operating system version NUMBER? What happens when you try to open Lr 5? What is the exact unedited word-for-word error message?

So I am trying to subscribe to the Lightroom Plan with the monthly payment

I think you really want to subscribe to the Photography Plan and not the Lightroom Plan. The Photography plan contains Lightroom Classic, a direct successor to your old Lr 5.

but no matter what I do it won't accept my UK postcode.

Why do you say this? What happens? What is the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I'm running Sonoma 14.3.

I only need Lightroom not photoshop so didn't think it was worth the extra ££.

When I type in postcode it simply says INVALID INPUT and it won't accept either PayPal or Apple Pay, I presume for the same reason.

This Lightroom has been working fine for many years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only need Lightroom not photoshop so didn't think it was worth the extra ££.

Sorry, I have to disagree here. Adobe has very confusing naming. You need Lightroom CLASSIC, which is the direct successor to your Lr 5. You probably do not need the current software named Lightroom. (see https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic.html)

The only way to get Lightroom Classic is via the Photography Plan, which is $9.99 US Dollars per month (I don't know what it costs in GB pounds) https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html.

When I type in postcode it simply says INVALID INPUT and it won't accept either PayPal or Apple Pay, I presume for the same reason.

"Invalid Input" may refer to a lot of things, not necessarily that you are in the UK. There are plenty of subscribers to the Photography Plan in the UK. Have you checked all of your inputs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again thanks - think I might be on the US website which might be why!!! Will have a dig and check.

Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, when logging into adobe.com from the UK I would be prompted to switch to the Adobe UK site, but that doesn't seem to be happening today. On the homepage of adobe.com, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you'll find a "Change Region" button. Use that to select United Kingdom.

In terms of "added cost", the Photography Plan (which includes LrClassic and Photoshop) is £9.98 per month, which is the same as the basic Lightroom-only plan (no Classic, no Photoshop). That's the cheapest subscription plan available, there isn't a "Lightroom Classic Only" plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim.

I have to say I find Adobe pretty ghastly to navigate. I have now purchased the Photography Plan for £9.98 for the LrClassic. But I'm now wrestling with this wretched Adobe Creatvie Cloud which has opened a brouser tab to sign in that just keeps spinning endlessly. Ahhhh!

Oh, and now the Creative Cloud has 'unexpectedly quit'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines