Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 cannot be started anymore

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

it looks like I should have not taken the latest update with Catalina.

I am a hobby photographer who has bought a copy of Lightroom just before it was not possible to use adobe products without the creative cloud abos.

Since a couple days can I not strt lightroom anymore, it always crashes right away. The newest version of the application manager can be downloaded, but when it comes to the final installation does Apple cancel it saying "“AdobePIM.dylib” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

Is there ANY way of getting lightroom back and running? Both my camera and my laptop don't make too much sense without it and I certainly don't use it enough for getting an abo.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Tim

image.png

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 11.14.31.png

image.png

image.png

    

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been other reports of LR 6 previously installed in Mac OS 10.15 starting to crash. You can search the forums more thoroughly, but I don't recall definitive solutions.  

One possibility: LR 6 is trying to open the face-recognition module on startup, which no longer works due to an expired third-party software library license.  At least a couple of people have fixed this by resetting LR's preferences, so it startup in Library Grid view rather than the People view:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

You won't be able to reinstall LR 6 on Mac OS 10.15, since 10.15 removed support for 32-bit programs, and the LR installer is 32-bit.  Some people have tried to install an older version of Mac OS in another partition, boot into that, install LR 6, then boot back into 10.15, but I haven't seen authoritative reports that LR would then work when you boot back into 10.15.  

You could also run Mac OS 10.14 in a virtual machine, with LR 6 installed in it:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-run-32-bit-apps-in-macos-catalina

"Is there ANY way of getting lightroom back and running? Both my camera and my laptop don't make too much sense without it"

The annual Adobe Photography plan is only a fraction of the combined annual cost of your laptop and camera, so if your camera and laptop don't have much value without LR, it might make economic sense to bite the bullet and subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines