• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 not working on a new MacBook

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new MacBook Pro, and when I try to open my registered Lightroom version 6.0, I get the message that the Adobe Application Manager is missing or damaged.

Since I am not a professional photographer, the permanent version of Lightroom has always been enough for me. Is there a way I can make it work on my new computer?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot install Lightroom 6.xx onto any Mac running a 64-bit OS. Therefore, Lightroom 6.xx won't install directly onto an Apple silicon Mac.

You could try Migration Assistant, but then the application would only run in emulation mode (Rosetta 2), which means any performance benefits that the M1/M2 offers won't be available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that even using Migration Assistant will work. The problem is that Lightroom will detect that it is running on a different computer, and the licensing routines in Lightroom 6 are 32 bits so they won't run.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick replys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey and maybe Ventura (I never tried that), but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1s because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 
IF your new Mac isn't an M1 (Apple Silicon), you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines