• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 on MAC. Updated to MacOS Monterrey yesterday and now lightroom 6.0 won't open

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I just updated my Mac to MacOS Monterrey and upon trying to open lightroom 6.0 it is crashing every single time. I don't mind updating to creative cloud at this point. BUT have I just lost 5 years worth of photography projects and personal images?? Mind you, I tried opening Lightroom 4.0 version and IT OPENS! and I still have access to all my old images. Any help on this? I talked to apple for about 2 hours. I talked to adobe for about an hour. No one was able to help. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the info available at the link below and carry out the procedures.

If Lr 6 still fails to boot then go to the folder that contains the Lightroom Catalog which by default would be in your "users > Pictures> Lightroom" sub-folder. Open the Lightroom folder to display its contents as a list. You should see something like the screen capture below.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 7.38.27 AM.png

If there is a Lock file present delete that file and not any others. Do not delete the Catalog file.

After deleting the lock file double click on the Catalog file and this should boot Lightroom with your Catalog.

If there is more than one Catalog the info displayed could give a clue as to which one to use. The date last modified is useful.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT have I just lost 5 years worth of photography projects and personal images??

No, all of your work is in your catalog file, which you should be able to access if this LR 6 problem can be fixed, or if you upgrade to Lightroom Classic. Your photos are still there too.

A possible fix is to rename or delete your preference file. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind updating to creative cloud at this point

You should seriously consider that, especially when running Monterey. LR6 is unsupported and a bit wonky (non technical term) under that OS. You'll be asked to update your old catalog, which as others have stated, have all your edits and such, your images still reside wherever they were in the first place. The old catalog will remain as a back up. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines