• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 reset license.

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off the chat with Adobe support. Actually I was on numerous chats over the last few days.

My problem is that I have an old scanner and older computer which I use at my second house/darkroom. I wanted to reuse my LR 6.0 installation because it will be suitable for cataloguing older photos and scans.

So when I happily launched my installer and proceeded to type the serial, it got rejected because it is supposed to be installed on two machines already.

1. I no longer have those two old computers so I can't deactivate them.

2. Yes, I need version 6.0 or lower because my computer (and the OS) needs to be old to accommodate the old scanners I have

3. I already have a CC subscription but I want something permanent and not dependent on the internet.

Spoke to support asking to reset the activations associated with my serial number but they say that this is done here, at the forums, because there are senior technicians here. That puzzles me but maybe that's the way it is.

So could anybody help me with the issue? Despite logging into my account I don't know what to click to release/jailbreak my serial number again and use the software. My serial numbers display but there are no buttons by them so I can't take any actions. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can't help you in this forum. We're not Adobe employees. Whoever told you that we could help in this forum was wrong.

You need to speak to Adobe (live chat works) and tell them that you need to de-activate Lightroom 6 installations. Make sure you make it clear that you are not asking for technical support for Lightroom 6. You may have to try more than once if you get a rep who doesn't know how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines