Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom 6 activation issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had my computer wiped unexpectedly by Apple support. Trying to load everything back on. I have a valid Serial Number for Lightroom 6 and having trouble activating it.

Upon activation it says to "Please connect to the Internet and retry." Im obvioulsy connected, no entries in host file prohibit connection, no firewall or AV is running, no DNS is blocking the domain. In fact I can connect to port 443 to lm.licenses.adobe.com (which apparently is a CNAME for lm.adobe.io). I get a 404 page, which means it connects there just isnt an index page. Ive also tried using different DNS servers, tunneling through a VPN, and even using a completely different ISP.

I've come to the conclusion that the licensing server is sending a RST packet back when I try to validate my Serial Number (see attached screenshot). 

Am I missing something? Has anyone else experienced this or tried to activate their LR6 recently that can say they HAVENT had this issue?

Thanks.

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021
So I fixed the "log in every time" issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. Upon resintalling, I was able to sucessfully validate the serial number. So it looks like the ultimate answer to my intial question was that I needed to "Always Trust" the GlobalSign Root CA certificate in my Keychain from the link above. Thanks GoldingD!

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the MACOS version?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.13.6 High Sierra

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so before I tried all of that. But I missed the part about the certificate. 

I checked the cert and everything was correct as it said in the article. However, I changed it to "Always Trust" and that seemed to work as its not asking for my serial number anymore.

However, now whenever I start LR6, it asks for my Adobe log in, every time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, now whenever I start LR6, it asks for my Adobe log in, every time.

Don't log out (I believe "sign out" is the actual term), and it won't ask you to sign in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont log out. I just quit LR6.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a LR6 user for a very long time, so no first hand experience with your pains.

So, an inquiry on that login every time

As an end result of the install, did the Ado=be Creative Cloud Desktop App get installed? (would think more for subscription model Adobe programs)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I fixed the "log in every time" issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. Upon resintalling, I was able to sucessfully validate the serial number.

So it looks like the ultimate answer to my intial question was that I needed to "Always Trust" the GlobalSign Root CA certificate in my Keychain from the link above.

Thanks GoldingD!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have Lightroom 6 installed on my computer so I cannot compare it with my Lightroom Classic application. When I am done using Lightroom for the day I use the Lightroom main menu bar and select the option to Exit Lightroom from the drop-down.

That way I remain logged in always even when I power off my system.

Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 5.30.49 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6, LrC 10.4, Lr 4.4, Ps 22.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines