• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 & Mac Update 12.3.1- Light Room Not Working

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Lightroom 6 for the past 3 years and have never had any problem with it working after my Macs updates. However, after this most recent update (masOS Monterey 12.3.1) LR allowed me to upload pictures and edit 3...but then when I proceeded to move onto the next picture, it was zoomed out to where the picture too small to do any edits and when I tried to zoom in it was super pixilated. I tried restarting the computer and that did not work. I tried redownloading a different set of pictures to see if the previous batch was the issue and that didn't help. 

I am wondering if my version of LR is too old for the recent update for my MAC? If that is a case, since I already own LR, is there a way to get an upgrade at a discounted cost or do I have to pay the annual $118??

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 6 is old (i.e. ancient), unsupported, no longer sold by Adobe, has long been upgraded, replaced and left behind. There is no "upgrade" other than to subscribe and pay the annual or monthly fee. Lightroom Classic is the "modern" replacement for Lightroom 6. It functions similarly to what you have been using in that it still utilizes a local catalog and saves changes locally on your computer hard drive. Updates to the program are provided on approximately a quarterly basis, and are delivered via the Adobe cloud. There is no discount for any previous user for switching to Lightroom Classic. It is the path that everyone must choose to take or find a different product to use.

I am a Windows user, so I don't know why Lightroom 6 has stopped working on your system. If there is a solution someone else may have an answer for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines