• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Classic | Maximum Computers Reached

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unaware that simply uninstalling the application software on my computer would not deactivate the product and now I am unable to install the software on the same PC it was installed on.

I've had Microsoft blue screen crashes over the past week and the only way to resolve that issue was a complete wipe of my hardware and reinstall of the OS. The last think I need is to spend more time with frustration in trying to install this product.

I have the original disk and the serial number for the Adobe product that I purchased. It is a simple verification on Adobe's side to verify that it is no longer in use.

It is strange that reinstalling it on the same PC is causing this issue.

If anyone is willing to help with this issue it would be great. If others are having the same issue and unable to get help, reply to this post.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe staffer @CMass here via private message. She has been handling these issues.

By the way, you say:

... and the only way to resolve that issue was a complete wipe of my hardware and reinstall of the OS

I disagree, there are other reasons you get blue screen crashes, such as hardware malfunctions or bad/corrupted/out-of-date drivers, and re-installing is not the ONLY way to fix this, in fact re-installing will not fix these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj_paige for the obvious.

I didn't feel it relevant to explain what I did to narrow down the resolution to the problem as it isn't of use in resolving the Adobe issue. Just a quick explanation of why I have to reinstall lightroom classic.

I'm a CS major.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is obvious to you may not be obvious to others reading this thread. Also, there was no way I could know this was "obvious" to you, that was the reason I pointed it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been a rough week, but I figure that most of us are feeling a little pressure and I would like to apologize.

The comment just caught me off guard as I am looking for a resolution to using the software and if reinstalling my OS did or did not fix the problem with my computer, I would still be in the same situation with not being able to migrate the software to another computer.

Anyway, I am sure we are all feeling frustration and I need remember that before going off.

Hopefully, this can be resolved but it is not the end of world as I rarely use it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines