• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 closes after splash screen

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.0 closes every time I launch it, a few seconds after bringing up the splash screen. No error message appears. It may or may not be relevant that this is the first time I have tried to use LR after updating to Windows 10 v. 20H2 a few days ago. Last time I used LR was on Feb 21 and it worked fine. Attaching extract from the amt3.log file from the most recent launch attempt.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, LR6 is no longer supported so as you can imagine, it was never tested on Windows 10.

You will likely need to Google for guidance like this post https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-6-windows-10-not-working-an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been working fine on Win10 up to this latest update. Of course I realize that does not mean it's guaranteed to keep working as new Windows updates come out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the long thread on the Adobe Feedback forum-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-version-6-crashes-i...

Face Recognition is one function that is now causing v6 to crash.

(Something like a required .DLL file has 'expired' )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been reading quite a few such threads but not found a solution yet. I don't use face recognition, but I tried deleting the CIT folder that contains that plugin. Didn't work. Tried running under Windows 8 compatibility, also didn't work. Haven't quite got up the courage yet to change my Windows system clock back to a date before it stopped working which I have seen suggested for that DLL issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines