• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 desktop program will not open

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, been using LR version 6 on desktop - not cloud version. It worked yesterday and today does not open. When double clicking to open a pop-up says Sign in Required and shows my email address for the Adobe account which I do not use to store my photos, I do not use the cloud only desktop. Years of using LR it has always opened without asking to sign-in. The sign-in pop-up also has a short blurb for terms and conditions for trail software. I do not have a trial I purchase the desktop software years ago. I click sign-in and the next pop-up says Update Required and my browser or operating system is no longer supported. I am running Windows 8 and installed the latest updates, still unable to launch LR. I have tried signing in and out as well, still unable to launch LR. My product registration shows registered in 2017 and has a download button but when click it shows no longer available. One online fix noted to rename a couple of files with old at the end and tried that but said needed to uninstall and reinstall. Changed the folder names back as I do not have the installation disk and online download no longer available and have the same issue with the sign-in pop-up and update pop-up. The program will not open. Appreciate guidance to resolve, thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe is telling you is your Adobe Lightroom application is no longer supported on Windows operating system version 8. You need to upgrade your system to Windows 10.

Some important info. Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6 had the same application and could be activated as a subscription version monthly/ annual payments or as the Lightroom 6 license key version. Both versions required that you created an Adobe ID with your e-mail as your user name and register your application to activate.

You are permitted to have two units (computers) activated concurently. You could install on multiple units but only two activated at the same time. Deactivate one and Activate another this process requires you to be logged in to your Adobe ID and connected via the internet with the unit.

The last update for Lightroom 6 was released in December 2017, as version 6.14.

Official support for version 6 was discontinued towards the end of 2018.

Adobe does not have any downloads of installers on their servers but there is one available by a third party and another user would likely provide a link.

To do a new activation or deactivation may require you to make contact with Adobe online via chat for assistance.

The first step in the process is to upgrade your computer operating system.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the info in this thread helps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/switch-back-to-lightroom-6-2015-version...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same exact issue just pop up on mine.   I am running widows 10 and is current with all the updates.   I don't know what happened.  Would love to know the workaround for this.  I feel like they have me roped into switching to the subscription based platform... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found if I uninstalled the entire program and reinstall it, and enter my serial numbers, it worked like new again and I didn't lose anything.  Not ideal, but it worked.  I chased around trying all kinds of browser settings, different browsers entirely, etc... none of that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue. Running Win 10. After opening lightroom, had a pop-up saying sign in, so i did. Then it says start your 30 day trial, do not want a 30 day trial as i've already purchased the program. There was another button that said activate license so I clicked that one. After clicking this button I was asked for a product key which I found in my adobe account under plans and payments>products. After entering my product key it said it could not activate my product at this time due to no internet connection. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection so i tried again and on the second try it activated and opened my Lr 6. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines