Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 does not start up anymore under windwos 10

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Al of a sudden my version of Lightroom 6 did not start up anymore. After starting up, it came into view for about 1 second and stopped (time after time).

So I uninstalled LR6 and installed it again with my CD on my Windows 10 laptop.

It did not help. The problem is still there.

Please help! What to do?!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So I uninstalled LR6 and installed it again with my CD on my Windows 10 laptop."

You probably don't have the latest version of LR 6 (6.14). Others have reported that earlier versions of LR 6 have started crashing on startup.  There is a newer version of LR 6 available, LR 6.14. Others have recently reported that updating to LR 6.14 fixed crashing-on-startup problems.  Try installing 6.14, which you can download following these instructions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/108193...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search that drive for a .lock file. If you find one, delete it ONLY. After that Lr shoud start normally.

A .lock file is created when Lr opens and is normally deleted when Lr closes. If Lr is not closed properly the .lock file does not get deleted, preventing you from starting the program again.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your help.
A computerfreak friend solved the problem with this information you gave!!!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines