• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Download Link

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a Lightroom 6 serial key and I want to install LR6 on my new computer. Unfortunetaly, the download link from this site is gone.

Is there still a way to get a LR6 installer?

(I will archive it somewhere safe and never ask this question again)

EDIT: I did purchase LR6 from a third party so I have only the serial key. Anyway, I've conntacted Adobe Support and they provided the download link. Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Lightroom 6 only works with 32 bit but Lightroom 5 works with 32 or 64 ?

This was never stated, and is not correct. If you installed Lr 5, then you should also be able to install Lr 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the install part of the file apears to be broken by adobe 

IMG_4957.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxos big sur which is the most recent mac update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the most recent Mac OS ... however, LR 6 cannot be installed on Big Sur. All of this was explained earlier in this thread by John R. Ellis (link), and a workaround given in my reply which immediately follows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the newest mac update macos big sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No lightroom 6 stand allone Installation file for win10

I have the same problem. i have no installation files for windows 10. I have registerd lightromm 6.0 in 2017 wit my adobe ID. when i click on the download Link they say that download files are not longer available. The adobe support says they onliy support applikation from 2020 or later. can somone who has the instation files give me a link to his own file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link that works was given earlier in this thread by Tacafy (and possibly others)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to LR 6 in 2018.  I still have the serial key.  My computer crashed last summer and I tried to reinstall it on my new computer.  I first installed LR3 because I had the disc in my possession, the I thought I would reinstall LR 6 afterwards.   I cannot even read the size of the font in LR 3 in the windows, nor in the toolbar.  It is obvious, Adobe has a fail safe regarding installing older products.  After finding out on this forum that you can't reinstall LR6, it makes me VERY ANGRY.  This is why I will not purchase anymore Adobe products or services.  Adobe doesn't care about their customers, they are only after their money.  I am not stupid enough to purchase their "creative cloud" and pay monthly for the rest of my life!!  Good thing I backed up all my photos before the crash.  I will find other free software systems to use in place of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same situation for me as well and it also makes me angry. We were never told our purchase was for only four years like we were renting the software. Adobe's lack of integrity here blows my mind. I thought they were a reputable company 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can re-install LR 6. I did it to test a few weeks ago.

The problem is that on new Mac operating systems (Catalina and newer), Apple (not Adobe) makes it impossible. And even then, there is a workaround unless you have a new M1 Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to LR 6 in 2018.  I still have the serial key. ...

After finding out on this forum that you can't reinstall LR6, it makes me VERY ANGRY.  

How said that you never can't install LR6?  You can't install LR6 on the newest MacOS version, because this version doesn't support 32bit installer programs.   

One point is, if your computer crashed you can't deactivate your LR6 innstallation and so it can be that you get the message that you have to many activations. This can be solved by a contact with the Adobe support. They can reset the activation counter.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never stated I had a Mac.  I contacted customer service and they keep sending me the same email: 

"I apologize but it's an old version of the application, the support for this version is only available through the Adobe forums. I can tell you the website which you can refer to look for the troubleshooting steps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-6-download-link/m-p/10995790

Thank you for working with us,
Adobe Customer Care"

The link is useless!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never stated I had a Mac.  I contacted customer service and they keep sending me the same email: 

"I apologize but it's an old version of the application, the support for this version is only available through the Adobe forums. I can tell you the website which you can refer to look for the troubleshooting steps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-6-download-link/m-p/10995790

Thank you for working with us,
Adobe Customer Care"

The link is useless!!!!!!

By @2007omi

Please see the answer marked correct from @Tacafy大尉 , the link in that answer still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am quite sure that it's a malicious software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am quite sure that it's a malicious software.

By @Saurav24252278al5u

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue having just bought a new laptop(Win11)

I'm getting this far...

Carlos575_0-1653572588972.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carlos575 You need to have a serial number from an earlier version of Lightroom (before LR 6) and enter that serial number. Why? Becuase your LR 6 is an upgrade from a previous version of Lightroom (you paid a lower price to upgrade, rather than the full price) and so you need to prove you had an earlier version by providing its serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I needed to know, I'd been putting in the lightroom 6 serial number, as you've stated it needed my old Lightroom 5 serial number. Many, Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fabianw,

I have the same issue, want to migrate to an new mac but unable to re-install LR6.

Can you help me how I can contact Adobe Support?

Many thanks,

Monique

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support will not help you with Lr 6 since it is unsupported. Better you should start a new thread and describe your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines