• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 DVD install

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i bought the Lightroom 6 DVD in 2015. now i can't install it on my new iMac. can anyone tell me how? Thanks

ich habe mir die DVD Lightroom 6 im jahr 2015 gekauft. jetzt kann ich diese nicht mehr auf meinem neuen iMac installieren. kann mir da jemand auskunft geben? Danke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

The installer for LR6 is a 32-bit app. Current versions of the Mac OS do not run 32-bit apps. Unfortunately, this means that while LR6 may be a 64-bit program, it cannot be installed. For a new install, you need to upgrade to a subscription of LR 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer for LR6 is a 32-bit app. Current versions of the Mac OS do not run 32-bit apps. Unfortunately, this means that while LR6 may be a 64-bit program, it cannot be installed. For a new install, you need to upgrade to a subscription of LR 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your quick response and help. 

that means I have to buy a subscription to update anything at all. I think I'll switch to Capture one. that's  not fair. the DVD cost a lot of money. and for me personally, an update brings no added value because i edit very minimal. the old lightroom is totally sufficient in my case. not having anything now is just not the right way to deal with customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not Adobe that is restricting you from installing your old Lr 6 version.

It is Apple that changed the operating system installed on you Mac that is causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

typical for apple. 

Thanks for your help. 

I will then finally switch to capture one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might edit very minimally using Lightroom 6, but you might find that with Lightroom Classic 10 you take advantage of more of Lightroom's tools because Lightroom has become much more versatile. But the choice is yours. Switch if you like. Everyone must make the choice that is best suited for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. Goodbye Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines