• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Install Issue - Download Adobe Support Advisor

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to reinstall from disc my Lightroom 6 after a reload of wwindows 10. While starting the installation I get the following error: We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. 

Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem. I consistantly get this after many attemps.

I tried to install Adobe Support Advisor and I get an error stating that I need Adobe AIR. I tried to see where I could download AIR but I can't find it and it looks that it is no longer supported. So I am dead in the water. Adobe Support Chat told me that they do not support this over chat.

The Event View System log had the following information:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker and APPID Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The details are:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>3</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-12-22T15:16:37.3125461Z" />
  <EventRecordID>3135</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation ActivityID="{7d055d8c-030c-4a7f-b4b8-fae74518400d}" />
  <Execution ProcessID="736" ThreadID="4376" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>Pegasus</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
  <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
  <Data Name="param3">Launch</Data>
  <Data Name="param4">Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker</Data>
  <Data Name="param5">Unavailable</Data>
  <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
  <Data Name="param7">SYSTEM</Data>
  <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-18</Data>
  <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
  <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
  <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

It might be a permissions issue but I have no idea of what to do.
Thank you for your help.
Tom
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows do you use?

Which version of Lightroom 6 do you try to install?

The latest available version you'll find under the appropriate download links

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links"

Do you run the installation program as an Administrator or an usere with Admin rights?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 version 21H2. I don't see where Lightroom 6 has any version. On the disc it says "Singapore 1/15". I own this version and I'm not willing to pay extra to get something running on my PC that was running a week ago.

As far as administror rights, when I reloaded Windows I selected the option of personal use which said that I would have full control. I did notice that the user name that was created was something that I had never seen before. It was part of my email address combined with what the recovery stick that I used named my pc. For instance, instead of "Tom" the user name was wavel-DESKTOP-..... I have since renamed my pc back to its original name. Is that where the permission issues come into play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll recommend that you do a clean reinstallation of Windows

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

During the installation normally a Microsoft account will be created which you can use as account in Windows. This account will have Administrator rights on your machine. Normally it will be an ...@outlook.com address.

You also can install Windows with a local account:

How to create a local account while setting up Windows 10 Home | Windows Central

... I don't see where Lightroom 6 has any version. On the disc it says "Singapore 1/15". I own this version and I'm not willing to pay extra to get something running on my PC that was running a week ago.

This point in your post I don't understand.

Where you don't see Lightroom? What is "Singapore 1/15"?

If you owned Lightroom 6 you must have a 24-digit serial number for installing/activating.

You can download the latest installation file from the link I posted above. There will be no costs extra.

Be aware: Lightroom 6 isn't official compatible and testet with Windows 10 21H2. But I think it should work without bigger problems.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are having an OS issue, perhaps something in the registry, defiantly a system rights issue Use google to search on

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker and APPID Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID

To learn more, and to seek help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom 6.

Please run the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool for Windows before installing the setup next time and check if that helps. Here's the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

If the issue persists, please follow the below-mentioned steps to mark the application to always run as an administrator.
1. On the Start menu, locate the program that you want to always run as an administrator.
2. Right-click the application’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
4. Do one of the following:

• To apply the setting to the currently logged-on user, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK.
  • To apply the setting to all users on the computer and regardless of which shortcut is used to start the application, click Change Setting For All Users to display the Properties dialog box for the application’s .exe file, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK twice.

Let us know if this works.
Regards, 

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but no changes. It appeared to make a lot of changes to the registry but the install still fails. I still think that this is a permissions issue but I have no idea of how to fix it. I am also having the same difficulty installing Adobe CS4 Suite.

When I reinstalled Windows my user name changed from "Tom" to a part of my email and the name that the Windows Recovery thumb drive named my pc, such as "wavelDeskTop-"....xxx@aol.com is my email. DESKTOP-... was what the Windows reinstal named my PC. I renamed my PC back to its original name. Does this mean anything to you?

[Moderator]

[personal information removed per policy - 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/email-signatures-and-personal-informati...

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Tom, you state “ When I reinstalled Windows my user name changed from "Tom" to a part of my email and the name that the Windows Recovery thumb drive named my pc, such as "wavelDeskTop-"....xxx@aol.com is my email. DESKTOP-... was what the Windows reinstal named my PC. I renamed my PC back to its original name. Does this mean anything to you?“

Lightroo 6 required / allowed registration and activation on a max of two computers at any point in time. To activate on another unit it's necessary to deactivate a prior unit.

I believe the act of renaming your computer means Adobe is treating it a new unit.

Since Adobe has discontinued support for Lr 6 users can no longer carry out the activate and deactivate function themselves it is necessary to contact Adobe direct via chat or telephone and request assistance.

It is possible to make contact with @CMass an Adobe staff through the private messaging function in this forum. She has been assisting in the forum for several months. She will need the details of your Adobe ID and serial number of your application.

You can obtain the messaging link by clicking on the At Careeeesa.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranjisha,

As far as the second part of your suggestion, how can I click on the Start menu, locate the program that I want to always run as an administrator if I can't even get the program to install?

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom223630494zhm  Re:  "difficulty installing Adobe CS4 Suite."

Even if you could install, you will not be able to Activate CS4!  [CS4 activation servers are dead]

See this forum answer-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-i-reinstall-design-premium-cs4-cs4-a...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your help. I reinstalled windows and entered my name instead of an email address where the installation asked I am able to install Lightroom 6 and CS4.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please reply back (with good news) if your CS4 continues to work after a 30day trial period.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines