Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 license disappeared

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
In 2018 I bought Lightroom 6. It was connected to my cloud account at some point with the cloud launch. Now I have not needed it after 2 years of use and the license has disappeared. I only have the retrieval code left. what can I do? Adobe is not doing support anymore either.

best regards

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you don't know the serial number? You haven't written down or otherwise saved the serial number?

• You can go to account.adobe.com and find old serial numbers, if you registered the serial number with Adobe or if you bought it from Adobe.
  • You can use your operating system's search feature to search all disks for Lightroom 6.0 Registration.lrreg
  • On Windows, you can use something like Belarc Advisor

And if none of those work, I think you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i have found about Belarc Advisor my serialnumber, but i entered the number online but it says the number is already in use. Ich versteh es nicht. I don't get it. Actually, the serial number should already be stored in my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now found my correct account with the Lightroom 6 serial number. I could also log in to Lightroom but the development menu does not work. Can Lightroom 6 still be used at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have, at some point in time, you installed a trial version of Lightroom Classic

You will probably need to un-install the Adobe Creative Cloud Manager and any Lightroom Classic on your computer, and then re-install Lr 6 https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Adobe Creative Cloud Manager on my PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled lightroom. The development module is still disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, uninstall all Adobe software, run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, then re-install whatever Adobe software you need (like Lr 6).

By the way, you can't run Lr 6 without the Adobe Creative Cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it did not work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it did not work 😞

By @Manuel25113324htwr

This is uninformative. What did you do? Explain in detail. What happened? Explain in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled everything and cleaned it up with the tool. Restart. Installed and tested. Unfortunately no success, the menu development is still disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One comment- 

Lightroom v6.0 has been reported by several people as "not working" with recent upgrades of Windows-10.  v6.14 seems to overcome that problem.

Download for 6.14 can be found here-

Lightroom 6 End of Support

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have installed this version. I have win 10 and a 64bit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines