• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 - No Photos Found When Importing

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 6 version 6.14 and get a "No photos found" when trying to import from a SD card reader on my computer. I'm running Windows 10. I can see the images on my camera but am having no luck with importing them. I have a Canon EOS R. 

I tried the suggestions to restart computer, lightroom and try installing from the camera with the same results. 

I haven't had any issues until now. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

You need Lightroom Classic 8 or later to import raw photos from your camera.

Alternatively, you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter, convert your RAWs to DNG and then import those into LR 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble that you're unable to import from an SD card reader. please let us know if there are any external devices plugged into your computer? If yes, could you try removing them and then try to import them?

Try changing the card slot on your windows.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

I have an external drive that I removed and plugged into another slot and did the same with the card reader. I get the same msg.

Another thing I didn't mention in my first post, this was the first time I took a short video and all photos prior to the video imported including the video. All photos taken after the video are giving me the no photos found msg.

Hopeful for a solution,

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom Classic 8 or later to import raw photos from your camera.

Alternatively, you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter, convert your RAWs to DNG and then import those into LR 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that explains why I'm unable to import from my camera. 

I'll check out the DNG Converter and hopefully that works.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines