Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Not Recognized

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom.PNG

I have a serial number for Lightroom 6 which I purchased back in 2016. I've switched to a new laptop and after installing Lightroom_6_LS11.exe , I seem to be unable to get the installation to recognize the serial number, as the image above shows it only accepts serials for LR1-5.  It seems that all the links from the forums have been redirected to lightroom CC as adobe attempts to erase traces of their older standalone software. Adobe customer support merely says the software is too old and they cannot offer support for it.

Has anyone had any luck installing this software on their computer?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you purchased an upgrade to Lightroom 6 from a previous version, and you need to enter the serial number for the previous version. Once you have entered that and clicked Next, you'll be prompted to enter the serial number for Lightroom 6.

If you can't find the serial number for the previous version, you may find it under your user name > AppData > Roaming > Adobe, or under Program Data > Adobe on the old computer, if it was installed. I can no longer remember the exact location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small clarification @Per Berntsen 

You enter the Lightroom 6 serial number first. Then you enter the previous version serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can't find the serial number for the previous version, you may find it under your user name > AppData > Roaming > Adobe, or under Program Data > Adobe on the old computer, if it was installed. I can no longer remember the exact location.

Program Data was the right call. The location of the registration files on Windows should be C:/Program Data/Adobe/Lightroom....the filename would be "Lightroom x.0 Registration.lrreg" (where "x" would be a number between 1 and 5 which would match the specific LR version that you originally purchased). So you need to check on the old computer for the presence of one of these files.....if it's there, open it using Notepad and write down the serial number, then select the appropriate qualifying product on the new system and enter that number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever registered your Lightroom software with Adobe, you should be able to find the required Serial numbers at-

https://account.adobe.com/

Look under 'Billing and Payment History'.

( I still see my SN for v4 v5 & v6 in Accounts)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines