• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 not working on MacBook

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new MacBook (running on Mac OS Monterey V12.2) and Lightroom 6 now wont open. Is there any way i can get it to work on this new macbook? 

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get Lightroom 6 installed?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it installed on my previous Macbook and it worked fine, i got a new one and everything on it transferred onto the new one but it wont open. I even tried to re-download it onto this Macbook but it wont let me do that, i get a pop up that says 'the developer needs to update it to work with this version of MacOS' so i am assuming it probably wont work but i just wanted to ask and see if there was a workaround at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 has a 32bit installer and macOS Monterey requires 64bit, I am not aware of a workaround.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this answer from @John Waller which will also apply to Lr6-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/is-adobe-photoshop-lightroom-5-compatibl...

You have the option to upgrade your Lightroom to 'Lr-Classic' by--

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. Anything older than Big Sur can't boot an M1.

IF your new MacBook isn't an M1, you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, Lightroom 6 should be installed as everything was transferred from the old Macbook. When i first tried to open it it did, then after the initial time when i go to open it it just flashes up for a second then just closes?! I haven't removed it and tried to re-install as i didn't know if that was going to make things worse so i came to see if there was any hope of saving it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the "The developer needs to update it to work with this version of MacOS", it will not run as outlined here:

https://ansonalex.com/tutorials/macos/app-needs-to-be-updated/

But it sounds like that isn't the case for your migration and then attempt to open LR6? 

You might try manually resetting the LR6 preferences. 

Method 2: Manually delete the preferences file

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i bought an older macbook so i could use Lightroom 6 on it and i cannot download the software from the Adobe website as it says installer no longer available. Can you please advise how i can install Lightroom 6 on my macbook? I paid quite a bit of money for this software so id like to be able to use it. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - can you please advise why i am getting the error during installation that my laptop is offline and it wont let me continue? My laptop is not offline as i am on this website 🙂 so i am not sure why it is telling me i am offline and so cannot sign into my Adobe account to carry on with the installation! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines