• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 on a new computer.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read sereval of these forums since this is where the Chat and Tech support told me to go. I have the same problem. I own Lightroom 6 and have my serial number however, after installing on the new computer I now have 27 days before they shut down my program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have deactivated from my other computer. It still says I am using to many devices and without it activating or a new serial number I am not going to be able to use it. I purchased it directly from Adobe not second hand. How many people has this happened to. I am thinking hundreds. I am not asking that that keep the program from malfunctioning or give me free updates. All I am asking is they not lock me out in 27 days, becasue I am not on the monthly subscription plan. I have called Adobe once, used chat twice, and have been sent to tech support. Everyone says to use the chat forums, since they can help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send a private message with your Adobe ID and Lightroom 6 serial number to Adobe employee Carissa Massongill. She may be able to reset your activations.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6845948

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Lightroom 6 requires you to register the application online in an Adobe ID account utilizing the serial number. The license allows two activated at any point in time.

Now that you are attempting on a new computer and get a message that you have already utilized your allotted activations then you need to deactivate one of the prior installations.

However Lightroom 6 support from Adobe ceased several years ago and there is no option available at present to deactivate yourself and it's necessary to get Adobe assistance.

See the info available to get help and the Latest update installation at the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lightroom-6-14.44886/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read sereval of these forums since this is where the Chat and Tech support told me to go. I have the same problem. I own Lightroom 6 and have my serial number however, after installing on the new computer I now have 27 days before they shut down my program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have deactivated from my other computer. It still says I am using to many devices and without it activating or a new serial number I am not going to be able to use it. I purchased it directly from Adobe not second hand. How many people has this happened to. I am thinking hundreds. I am not asking that that keep the program from malfunctioning or give me free updates. All I am asking is they not lock me out in 27 days, becasue I am not on the monthly subscription plan. I have called Adobe once, used chat twice, and have been sent to tech support. Everyone says to use the chat forums, since they can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, deleted my response, I see the OP has posted this in both Discussions (where it belongs) and Ideas (where it does not) so no need to relocate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you send a private message as I outlined in my reply to Carissa Massongill? She is an Adobe employee who can help you with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines