• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Purchased Standalone- now is not working on Mac anymore

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to work with Lightroom and a few months ago it stopped LOADING the standalone application. It says to contact maker for update to 64bit- Mac operating system is BigSur. 11.5.2 but there is a pending upgrade that it wants to do to MAC OS Monterey. Called support and they said to post in Community forum for solution

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to work with Lightroom and a few months ago it stopped LOADING the standalone application. 

Explain this part in more detail. Tell us exactly what does happen. If there is an error message, please provide the exact word-for-word unedited error message, or show us a screen capture (by clicking on the 'Insert Photos' icon, do not attach files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“{8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D}” needs to be updated. 

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

When i select learn more it says this: 

If you get an alert about a 32-bit app

You will see one of these alerts when attempting to open a 32-bit app: 

[app name] needs to be updated.
The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to work with Lightroom and a few months ago it stopped LOADING the standalone application. 

What do you mean by "LOADING"? It sounds like you are trying to install LR 6 on your Big Sur machine, which is not possible. Can't be done. You can't install LR 6, you will need to purchase a subscription to the current version of Lightroom Classic (version 11.0) to be able to continue to use your Lightroom 6 catalog.

On the other hand, if you mean that you are trying to open the Lightroom 6 catalog from an already installed version of LR 6, you should not be getting this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 (even LR5) is a 64 bit application so that's not an issue. The installers are only 32-bit, that could be an issue IF you need to reinstall (so boot into an older OS, install, done). 

I can run LR 5 with limitations (maps module is DOA) under Monterey although I can't recommend anyone do so. 

You purchased a licence to LR6 and you can continue to use it, as long as you understand the limitations of doing this. 

LR6 is no longer supported by Adobe. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to be able to use the LR6 that I purchased outright. I specifically chose not to do monthly subscriptions becuase i didnt want to have that sort of CLOUD -BASED application. It wont even load. How do I get it to load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not purchase LR. You purchased a license to use it.

LRC has nothing to do pre se with “the cloud”. It is a subscription-based “purchase” nothing more.

You still have not explained as requested, to explain your actual problem. Load?????

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to be able to use the LR6 that I purchased outright. I specifically chose not to do monthly subscriptions becuase i didnt want to have that sort of CLOUD -BASED application. It wont even load. How do I get it to load. 

By @Elisha5E53

Again, what do you mean by "load"? Do you mean "install"?

Llightroom Classic is not a cloud-based application. It runs on your local computer. It does not share photos with the cloud, unless you specifically turn on that feature, and many people never turn it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologize, I may not know the correct Tech jargon. Normally, If I had any computer or application issues, I would call and speak with someone to help describe the issue I am having. When I called into Adobe customer Support, they sent me here. I have a iMac Desktop (4K ) few years old. A few years ago, I also purchase the standalone ( i think that the correct term) Adobe Lightroom software. Version 6. All was working well with this application in the past, until I tried to use my application that is installed on my iMac. 

When I click on it, rather then it opening it just quits, everytime. It doesnt even open. When i click the un-install option on the application ( which I do not want to un-install I just was trying to see what version i had) that is when I get the error message up top.

From what i am to understand - the iMac operating system now switched to only run 64-bit and that i need to contact the developer ( Adobe Lightroom ) to be able to get more information. I like the version of Adobe Lightroom that I have been using and I just want to get it to work, Please help.

Someone above mentioned booting into an OLDER Os and install. ?? Im not familar with how to access older versions of OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install using the OLDER 32-bit installers, you must boot into an older OS (older than at least Catalina), run the LR installer, shut down then run the installed 64-bit version in the newer OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your LR6 doesn't open. I'm not really sure there's a lot we can do here, as LR 6 is not supported, and very few people have even used LR 6 on Big Sur.

The one general recommendation that might help (and can easily be reversed) is to reset your Preference file. But that's a shot in the dark.

I really think you would be much better off with supported software, which is Lightroom Classic version 11.0. And it is not a "cloud application".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You own a license to Lightroom 6 that will not expire; the license is for a version that will continue to work properly…on the versions of macOS that it was tested on 6 years ago. But over the last 6 years, Apple made many basic changes to macOS to increase its security and get all Mac software ready for Apple Silicon, and Lightroom 6 was not designed for or tested on recent macOS versions, and does not meet many of the current Apple requirements and restrictions.

It does say “contact the developer” about getting it to run on newer versions of macOS. The answer of the developer (Adobe) will be that the problem is fixed in the current version of Lightroom Classic, because that is compatible. However, Lightroom Classic is available by subscription only.

So although you own a perpetual license to Lightroom 6, as long as you decide to stay on that version, it will not be easy to run it reliably on recent versions of macOS. There are rather technical tricks to get it done, but they are difficult to maintain into the future as Apple continues to update macOS. And if you do get it to run on macOS 11 and 12, when the time comes to buy a new Mac, I don’t think there is any way to run Lightroom 6 on an Apple Silicon Mac.

The best way to continue using Lightroom 6 on a Mac is to stick with older Intel-based Macs that can run macOS 10.14 or earlier, even if that means the next Mac you buy is a used one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So if you continued to use the equipment to had when you purchased Lr 6, there would be no problem for them to function unless they physically failed. 
However you would not be able to use the new features available in the last 5 years from Microsoft/ Apple equipment and Adobe software application.

Apple even abandoned there software application Aperture to advance there equipment.

The likes of 5 1/2" floppies and 3 1/2" disks, CD's DVD's no longer function.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines