• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Lightroom 6 (Serial Version) Crashes on Startup (MacOS Monterey)

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I just got a new Macbook Pro. I restored my Time Machine backup from my iMac. I went to open Lightroom 6.14 (serialized), and it prompted me to install Rosetta because of the new Apple M1 chip. I did that and Lightroom opened fine. The problem is, when I closed lightroom, it took forever to close, then I got a popup telling me that the program closed unexpectedly. Now, anytime I try to open it, the splash screen flashes up on my desktop for a fraction of a second and then disappears. No matter how many times I try, lightroom will no longer open. 

I am running MacOS Monterey 12.3.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how you got Lr6 to work at all on M1. 

Yes, I see you tried with some success to restore via Time Machine, as opposed to a install that would not have worked at all. However members with pre M1 and pre Catalina, much less Monterey, trying to do that Time Machine restore, usually show up in this community as Lr6 not working at all, much less once.

program closed unexpectedly.

One thing to look at, a lock file that did not get deleted.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 6 belongs in a museum, not on your new MacBook Pro. Get a subscription to Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines