• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 standalone installation no longer possible?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have bought a copy of Lightroom 6 at a local store. As my tablet does not provide a CD drive, I have installed it before using the download file and typing in my serial number. Now I have to reinstall because of computer problems. It seems that downloading an installation file is no longer possible.

I tried several workarounds (including logging in in Lightroom using an account that has no Lightroom CC subscription - there were articles on the Adobe help pages that suggested this. But I was no longer asked for my serial number.) Does Adobe no longer provide this option? 

I am very grateful for tipps or suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Take a look here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links"

There you'll find the appropriate links to download the installation files for the latest version of Lightroom 6.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post the specific info about your operating system then some should be able to offer some suggestions.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I use Windows Pro 10, version 10.0.18363

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that does not work. As I purchased my Lightroom 6 copy in a store and not via Adobe, it won't show up in my order history. However, the site features the hint "We do not provide installers for apps we no longer sell." I guess, that's it then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another reason to save all downloads for programs you have purchased.

You say you bought it in a store, what came with it? Was there a DVD disc? If there was then you can buy a CD/DVD player that connects by USB to install LR 6. Although it would only be LR 6.0 and not the final release of 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a dropdown menu on one of the screens that you can set to "Purchased Box" or some words like that. Then you should be able to enter your serial number and obtain the download file.

However, the site features the hint "We do not provide installers for apps we no longer sell." I guess, that's it then...

Despite this gloom and doom, there was another thread here in the last 2-3 weeks, where I pointed out the dropdown menu, and then the user was able to download an installer for Lightroom 6. And I can use those instructions to download Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6, so I don't really know why Adobe said those words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the advice butI don't have this dropdown menu, and I have checked every menu item and featured buttons thouroughly. Maybe it is because I have to use the German version of CC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Anyways, I now installed Lightroom 6 via brute force and used an external dvd drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading along, this is the dropdown menu I am referring to

2020-01-17 06_52_12-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you really much for the effort, dj_paige. But that does not work for me. See my comment from January the 9th above: As I didn't purchase my copy of Lightroom 6 via Adobe but from a local (physical existent) store, the purchase will not show up in my list of orders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading along, and even for you Bernhard (even though you have solved the problem), you select "Boxed Products" from that drop-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj_paige, i guess that works, given that you purchased your copy of Lighroom online via Adobe some time ago which I didn't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernhard, you keep trying to say this won't work, which is an incorrect statement; you keep saying it only works if you purchased it from Adobe, which is an incorrect statement; and I'm going to keep saying that it does work. It doesn't have to be an online purchase from Adobe. Other people have found that this works for boxed purchases from non-Adobe sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exactly did you purchase LR 6? Where Exactly did you purchase LR?

With LR 6 you can not install it without entering an Adobe ID. you have to do that for it to check whether it is included in a subscription plan or a Stand Alone Serial number version.

With that the serial number may be automatically registered to your Adobe ID and from the the web page dj_paige suggested you to go to there is a link at the top to go to your Adobe Account. Once there select "My Products" button/link on the left and if your serial number isn't registered then enter it at the top and then click the Register button.

2020-01-18 07_28_10-Adobe Account.png

Let that complete and then go back to the Orders history page and refresh it. You should get something like this.

2020-01-18 07_41_17-Adobe Account.png

Click the link to the right and you get this.

2020-01-18 07_42_22-Adobe Account.png

If you get nothing like this or if when registering your serial number you get an error (somrthing like this serial number is already registered) then you are not Signed In with the correct, the same, Adobe ID you used when you first installed LR 6. you will have to remember what email address and password you used when you installed it on your old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Scroll down to the section "Adobe Lightroom 6/CC 2015 Direct Download Links"

There you'll find the appropriate links to download the installation files for the latest version of Lightroom 6.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately the installers don't work with Mac Big Sur any more 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines