Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6: succesfully installed, but stuck at "signing-in-window"

New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had to re-install LR6 since I needed to get a new laptop. I used the CD for the setup with the respective serial number. Installing the software was succesful, but when I start it, a window pops up where I'm asked to sign in with my Adobe ID. I've done so multiple times now, but I'm still stuck at where I launch LR6 and I'm asked again to sign in. I'll post some screenshots below to help explain my problem:

pascalk54741062_0-1716381896036.png

pascalk54741062_1-1716382100462.png

pascalk54741062_2-1716382159789.png

pascalk54741062_3-1716382172002.png

After agreeing, the window closes but nothing else happens. When I try to start LR6, I end up exactly at the same step again where I'm asked to sign in. 
I'm quite frustrated about this since I loved the workflow in my LR6 and it worked flawlessly before switching to the new laptop, and I would be very happy to get it running again. Any ideas what to do?

Best & many thanks in advance

Pascal

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer, only comments.

The new method of Activating by a QR code is not possible with Lr6.

See the post from @AxelMatt here- https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/cannot-open-lightroom-6/m-p/14630132#M3...

End of the line for Lr6, sorry for you. Photography Plan (20GB) is the way forward. @ BUY PHOTOGRAPHY PLANS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment, Rob!

Honestly, I'm really pissed off with Adobe. I paid 120 bucks for a product I suddenly cannot use any longer, and now I'm forced to either swallow the pill and pay at least 120 bucks annually or try to find another solution and also drop my LRTimelapse extension for which I paid another 100 bucks.

I'm not happy at all with all these cloud-based options. Guess I gotta invest quite some time thinking about this, big companies will always try to find a way to squeeze the lemon a bit more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your annoyance. It is hard to keep 'old' software running for many apps.

Just so you know- Lightroom-Classic (v13.3 upgrade to your Lr6) in NOT a Cloud App. It works exactly the same as your Lr6 did. The only difference being that the subscription is controlled by the Creative Cloud Desktop App, but otherwise you have no need to use the Adobe Cloud.

If you get past your objection to the subscription method then I am positive you would enjoy all the new features in Lr-Classic and also having Photoshop included in the US$9.99/m Photography Plan (20GB).  @ BUY PHOTOGRAPHY PLANS 

I went subscription from Lr v5.7 and have never regretted.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines