• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 to Photography plan

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subscribed to the Photography plan and installed Lightroom and do not see my images that are in Lightroom m6. How do I get to the from the Photography plan Lightroom?

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Ok you stated

"Open the new Lightroom.

·         Did the migrate from again and still got the error message."

This appears you have installed Lightroom 5.5 (which is the Cloud-Based new Lightroom App)

So you were trying to Migrate your Lightroom 6 Catalog to Lightroom 5.5 and this will certainly upload all your image file to Adobe Cloud storage. It probably failed because there is not sufficient storage allocation in your plan

Adobe photography Plan has two Lightroom applications for your comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you intending to use the Cloud Based Lightroom (called Lightroom) or the update to the traditional disc based Lightroom 6 (called Lightroom Classic)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be using Lightroom Classic. I'm not going to be storing my images in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your file browser (Finder in MACOS, File Explorer in WINOS) and navigate to your catalog, double click on it. Note that LrC will want to copy that old catalog and create a new one. This way can get around any issue with LrC not opening a previous catalog as opposed to making a new one. Just this once.

P.S. be aware that the geniuses (not) at Adobe Marketing, at some point after the subscription model began, fell so much in love with selling the Mobil portion of Lr6 to the younger smart phone driven generation, that they migrated it into a new product, then called it Lightroom, and renamed the old Lightroom. And they pushed the new Lr POS ( my nickname, some call it Lr Cloudy) so hard that it looked like the proper Lightroom was discontinued (many of us are still pissed off). Currently what you had as v6 is called Lightroom Classic. Both Lightroom Class (LrC) and Lightroom (Lr) are provided in the Photo plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just open my old catalog and the new Lightroom will turn it into a new catalog and I won't lose anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you install Lightroom Classic, when you try to open a Lr 6 catalog, a copy of it will be converted to a Lightroom Classic catalog. You do not lose anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I tried that and got errors. I've had a coupkle of emails from Adobe and sent them the logs.

In the new Lightroom I didn't see a way to open the old catalog so I did this:

·         Migrate From/Lightroom Classic Catalog/Continue

·         Selected the old Lightroom 6 catalog and got this error.

·         Exited the new Lightroom.

·         Opened Lightroom 6 and optimized the catalog.

·         Exited Lightroom 6.

·         Open the new Lightroom.

·         Did the migrate from again and still got the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you stated

"Open the new Lightroom.

·         Did the migrate from again and still got the error message."

This appears you have installed Lightroom 5.5 (which is the Cloud-Based new Lightroom App)

So you were trying to Migrate your Lightroom 6 Catalog to Lightroom 5.5 and this will certainly upload all your image file to Adobe Cloud storage. It probably failed because there is not sufficient storage allocation in your plan

Adobe photography Plan has two Lightroom applications for your computer. Lightroom (new app cloud-based) and Lightroom Classic (image files stored on your computer system).

See the screen capture from my Adobe Creative Cloud app, you need to sign in using that application to install Lightroom Classic and then follow the instructions in the earlier posts to copy the Lr 6 Catalog and create one for Lightroom Classic 11.5. 

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 7.19.10 PM copy.jpg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thanks! I never would have figured that out.

I'll install Photoshop and Bridge next. I already have Photoshop Elements 15 installed. Are there any gotchas for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines