• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased lightroom 6 a few years ago. It was working fine and now suddenly I can't open any of my catalogs. I even tried downloading the lightroom cc trial to see if I could just retrieve my photos; but even that didn't work. And I cant uninstall and reinstall lightroom 6 because there is no downloadable link anymore.  i'm worried even if I pay for a subscription I wont be able to get them back. .

I don't want to pay a subscription as its more a year then I paid for the entire lightroom 6 program.But as a last resort I will try that and then just unsubscribe to their monthly program once I get my photos.

Wondering if there any other way to get my photos out of my catalogs .

I think i'll be switching to different photo editing software in the future.( also open to suggestions on that)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wondering if there any other way to get my photos out of my catalogs

Your photos are not IN the catalogs. The Catalogs only contain metadata about your photos and the editing you might have done. You do not lose photos (the original camera files) by removing Lightroom. Your files are somewhere on your computer hard-drives.

I will try that and then just unsubscribe to their monthly program

Not possible, as you have to commit to an ANNUAL 12months plan (that can be paid monthly). There are 'exit' penalties if you cancel a Plan.

It was working fine and now suddenly I can't open any of my catalogs.

Why?

What do you see?

Any error messages?

What happens when you try to open a catalog?

Any 'Lock' file as asked by @GoldingD ?

And I cant uninstall and reinstall lightroom 6 because there is no downloadable link anymore.

Adobe do not provide links, but you may find a 'third party' download here-

6.14 download VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

cant uninstall and reinstall

That may depend on your Operating System! which is? (Certainly NOT with Mac Catalina or BigSur)

And you would have to totally un-install Creative Cloud Desktop App to re-install Lightroom-6 as a Perpetual version.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines