• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 8.2 with full screen mode rendering them image blurry when zoomed-in

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 8.2 just now, and whenever i'm in full screen mode checking my picture and then hit zoom, it displays the picture as it is for a millisecond in the zoomed in version but then changes it all into blurry/unsharp zoomed in display.

I restarted my laptop several times, but it still does the same thing whenever i try to zoom in in full screen mode.

What should i do to get this fixed?

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christinec14105931,

As I understand Lightroom Classic is displaying/rendering your image blurry when you zoom into it in full screen mode. Sorry to hear about this.

Could you please update to the latest version Classic 8.2.1 of Lightroom Classic from the Creative Cloud desktop app? See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Also, uncheck the option "use graphics processor" under Preferences> Performance menu and see if the image still renders blurry.

For more info and further troubleshooting refer Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Lightroom GPU troubleshooting

Let us now how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 8.2.1 since yesterday. I never had this issue with 7.3

But since yesterday, since I have updated to 8.2.1 this happens all the time and the box is unchecked.

What else can be done please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I suggest you might have a sticky or incorrectly functioning pointing device?

Are you using a mouse for this or the laptop touchpad?

Sometimes the tools closest at hand are the ones checked last . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the touchpad, no other device. I might just uninstall LR and download it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a Windows OS or a Apple MAC OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christinec14105931  wrote

I upgraded to 8.2 just now, and whenever i'm in full screen mode checking my picture and then hit zoom, it displays the picture as it is for a millisecond in the zoomed in version but then changes it all into blurry/unsharp zoomed in display.

I restarted my laptop several times, but it still does the same thing whenever i try to zoom in in full screen mode.

What should i do to get this fixed?

Is this in Library mode? What happens if you wait for a bit? This generally means you have no 1:1 preview generated (or the one you have is out of date and doesn't reflect all edits) and it can take a while for those to generate especially on high megapixel cameras. If this happens in Develop mode, you should go into the Preferences and clear the camera raw cache.

Also you generally want to have the GPU acceleration enabled. It is just a trouble shooting thing to turn it off and can be helpful if you have a really old graphics card. If it is turned of it can really slow down display of images on high resolution displays and slow down editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when I'm in DEVELOP mode. And no, I don't have an old graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christinec14105931  wrote

It happens when I'm in DEVELOP mode. And no, I don't have an old graphic card.

In that case have you tried with GPU acceleration on? Does the image clear up if you wait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purge your Camera RAW CACHE and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and what about when you are in Library mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size in pixels, of this image? (do not tell me megabytes)

What is the size of your monitor in pixels? (do not tell me inches)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're all RAW files so 4000x6000px easily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the image cropped? If so, what is the size of the cropped image? Are you using Smart Previews instead of the original image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does it on all the images, cropped, original.. and no smart previews, all fully imported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2560 x 1600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been solved? I am experiencing the same behaviour right now in Lightroom Classic v12.01 und MacOS Ventura 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too on Ventura - exactly as in the original post here. And fullscreen view is generally slow and wierd (image is sharp when I enter fullscreen, then I zoom in, it gets blurry, then I zoom back out and it won't get back to the initial quality).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is as of 03 2023 with all upgrades installed, All I had to do to fix this problem was to go to the library module and toggle to full screen (F key) then go back to the develop module and when I hit full screen the blur was gone.  can't explain it other than to say it somehow synced up the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines