Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 9.0 suggests keywords which are not in the keyword list

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

since the update to Version 9.0 LR keeps on suggesting Keywords which were entered once but removed from the list afterwards.

As I am no native speaker I added the screenshot below to make clear what I mean. I simulated that I tagged a photo of my friend Sabine errously with "Sabiene". After recognizing my "fault" I removed the keyword from that photo and hit "Purge Unused Keywords". That succesfully removed the keyword from the keyword list but not from the suggestions. At the time the screenshot below was made "Sabiene" wasn't in the keyword list anymore.

sabiene.png

Deactivating "Offer suggestions from recently entered values" and "Clear all suggestions lists" don't have any influence on the behaviour. Also this problem seems to affect all of my catalogues. No matter if they  were updated from previous version or newly created ones. The only workaround I found until now is to delete the helper.db of the catalogue.

Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

BR

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Thank you for your answers.

I wasn't aware of of the official feedback forum. However someone else posted the same issue a few hours ago there and it was confirmed as an known issue.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/deleting-a-keyword-from-the-keyword-list-doesnt-remove-it-from-auto-complete 

BR

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have  you  tied to edit the mis-spelled keyword tag by right clicking on it? When you rename a keyword, it will be automatically updated on all of the photos it has been used on. This is under Keyword List

edit-keyword.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any other suggestions except to post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom .

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers.

I wasn't aware of of the official feedback forum. However someone else posted the same issue a few hours ago there and it was confirmed as an known issue.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/deleting-a-keyword-from-the-keyword-list-does... 

BR

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did. Thank you for guiding me through this.

BR

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines