• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom adding colors in develop tab

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot RAW images from my Canon 200D, I use a flat color profile. when I import all raw images to Lightroom and tab on the developing section, the colors of the photo change It seems like the lightroom making auto coloring! How can I disable this? 

I've checked the quick develop section and made sure that I'm not adding automatic presets, I've also tried to remove lightroom and install it again, but nothing.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW images first appear in Lightroom Classic from the JPG preview embedded in the file. A few seconds later, after Lightroom Classic has had the time to render the actual RAW image, the appearance changes to the rendering of the RAW. The embedded JPG preview and rendered RAW will very often look different.

This is normal behavior for Lightroom Classic and cannot be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the photo looks different from what I was seeing on my camera, also I use a flat profile so its easier for me to color it, but this made it useless !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @dj_paige wrote the embedded JPG preview and the rendered RAW looks different very often.

You also can't really trust that what you see on your camera display. Do you used an calibrated monitor? 

If possible post screenshots to make clearer how much different the picture looks like.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the photo looks different from what I was seeing on my camera, also I use a flat profile so its easier for me to color it, but this made it useless !

By @MohamedSaied

They are supposed to look different. The JPG preview is processed by the camera. The rendered RAW is unprocessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up Lightroom to use a camera matching profile on import in Preferences > Presets – if such profiles exist for your camera. You can also test out these profiles (or apply them) by using the Profile Browser in Develop, it's located at the top of the Basic panel. You'll also find a few Adobe profiles there.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

As mentioned by others, the image you see on the back of the camera, is not a raw file, but a jpg that the camera has rendered from the raw file, according to your camera settings.

These camera settings are written to the raw files, but are ignored by Lightroom, which doesn't understand them.

Some mirrorless cameras write camera settings as XMP metadata, which Lightroom understands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... You can set up Lightroom to use a camera matching profile on import in Preferences > Presets – if such profiles exist for your camera. You can also test out these profiles (or apply them) by using the Profile Browser in Develop, it's located at the top of the Basic panel. You'll also find a few Adobe profiles there.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

By @Per Berntsen

However, these profiles are not to be confused with the Picture Styles of your camera

Canon Knowledge Base - QuickGuide to Picture Style Settings and Customization

Theses styles are only seen in Lightroom only in the embedded JPEG preview.

Which camera style you used in your camera?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is (really) what your raw data looks like:

ThisIsRaw

Your camera builds a proprietary JPEG for you to view on the LCD and that preview is embedded into the raw. You initially see this one version of a proprietary rendering of the above, then LR has to build its own version based on how you set up LR to preview your data. You should never expect the proprietary raw to JPEG conversion in the camera to match anything else. It might get 'close' visually with a camera matching profile or it may not. But the point is, the preview you first see, the preview on the camera is simply one interpretation of the above raw data and every product that builds or renders this, does this differently. It is proprietary to that product. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just follow the instructions here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-...

Pretty sure there are camera matching profiles available fo this camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Pretty sure there are camera matching profiles available for this camera."

The Cameras supported by Camera Raw table now includes whether there are camera-matching profiles available, and the Canon 200D does indeed have them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines