• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop are slow and sluggish after Windows 11 upgrade.

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.3.1

Photoshop 23.3.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8 core

RAM 16GB

GPU: RTX 2070 super

I just installed Windows 11 since it is no longer beta, however, I am experiencing sluggish performance. I haven't tested the other apps but I use these 2 extensively. I tried fiddling with the settings and GPU usage but so far nothing has made a difference. When I use a brush or most functions on Photoshop there is a delay before it registers on the program. Same with lightroom, plus moving from one photo to another in the preview is also sluggish. The response is not as snappy as before overall. 

Is there a setting or an update I can do to fix this? I kind of like some of the new Windows 11 features and UI but not at the price of losing performance like this. It's extremely limiting and annoying.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean by "fiddling"? I believe there are four settings in Lightroom Classic, did you try them all?

Make sure your anti-virus is not scanning the folders where the photos are stored and is not scanning the folder where the catalog is stored.

Also try updating the GPU to the latest driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines