• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm brand new to the lightroom plam, and I just want to make sure that photoshop is a permanent part of the lightroom plan, and not just a part of the free trial that will expire after the 7 days. 

I just don;t understand how it is cheaper to get lightroom with PS, than it is to get PS on its onw!? Can anyone please explain. 

Thanks,Ashleigh 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a permanent part of the Photography Plan, not the Lightroom Plan.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

If you choose to do so, you can switch plans at account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not going to publicly talk about future sales and marketing plans.

The Lightroom Classic and Photoshop bundle (under various bundle names) has been a LONG-standing sales feature. After all the years of its popular sales, I cannot see Adobe stopping it any time soon.

The purpose of the cheaper bundle is to get customers hooked on multiple Adobe products so that they become long-term customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! As a business woman, that makes perfect sense to me. Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Plan only includes Lightroom. And that is the Lightroom that stores an album on the cloud, and photos on the cloud. It is also known as Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud-Based) (or a part if) and Lightroom Desktop. Has nickname if Lightroom Cloudy, and derogatory nickname of Lightroom POS. The Lightroom plan comes with 1TB of cloud storage. The plan does not include Photoshop. If you have Photoshop, then it is Trial.

The program that Adobe created  any years ago and was then called Lightroom, is now sold as Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Classic uses a catalog on your computer and normally uses photos on your computer (but the photos can be anywhere), the catalog must be on a hard drive.

Their is no separate Lightroom Classic Plan.

To get Lightroom Classic, normally that is via the Adobe Photography Plan. The Photography Plan includes Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and Bridge (also Adobe Camera RAW, but that us free anyhow)

The Adobe Photography Plan comes in two cloud storage options, 20GB and 1 TB. The smaller cloud size is because customets that use LrC may have little need fir cloud storage, typically users of this Plan go for the smaller less expensive option.

You can change the plan, I think, at Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It looks like I have the photography plan. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up Adobe.com, sign in, Click on your imoji/pic, view account, look at what Plan you are paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ashleigh5FD7 

There is enough confusion (among many people, not just you) that you need to CONFIRM what plan you have by going to account.adobe.com and CONFIRMing which plan you have, rather than saying "it looks like..." especially after you started this thread by saying your Photoshop appeared to be a 7-day trial which would indicate you do NOT have the Photography plan.

Here is what I see when I go to my account. I have the Photography plan. Please CONFIRM what plan you have. What does it say when you go to your account at account.adobe.com?

2021-10-16 05_20_21-Adobe Account — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom plan provides you with the Lightroom app for your desktop/ laptop computer present version 4.4, and the Lightroom mobile app for your smartphone and tablet present version is 6.4. It is the Cloud-based ecosystem basic package is US$ 9.99 per month with 1 TB of cloud storage. If you discontinue your subscription all the apps cease to function and you are left with the option to download the the image files from the storage within 60 days as far as I am aware.

If you decide to use the Photography Plan you have use of the following applications, Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, and all the Cloud-based applications. This package cost US$9.99 per month with 20 GB of Cloud storage, additional storage is available at US$10.00 per 1TB of storage, so a 1 TB package costs US$19.99 per month. When you initiate the subscription you are committed to a year and if you and if you decide to stop there will be a penalty. If you decide to discontinue you will be able to continue to utilise the Lightroom Classic application, however the Develop, Map modules, all Cloud-based apps and sync facilities and Photoshop application will cease to function.

The other Lightroom Classic modules will continue to function, Library, Print, etc. You will have import/ export functions and Quick Develop options available in the Library module.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is looking to the future. Online Cloud storage will eventually replace local storage, the likes of HDD, SSD, NAS etc will be more expensive than online storage. In addition online storage will be more secure and efficient.

We have gone from floppies, CDs, DVDs, on to HDDs SSDs they will also become obsolete.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines