• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom (and PS) using excessive memory

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of LR 11.0.1 on a new MacBook Pro with teh M1 Max chip that has 64GB of internal  memory and 2TB of storage. I am consitently getting and "Out of Appication Memory" notices and on occasion LR is running in excess of 30GB of memory and if I an simultaneoulsy running PS that coud also be using in excess of 35GB. I never had this problem while running my old MacPro that only had 32GB of memory and 1TB of storage. Both machines are runing MacOS 12.0.1 (Monteray). Any help/guidence would be appreciated. (Note that I already uninstalled and then reinstalled both PS and LR.)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check through the community. There have been a number of people reporting memory leaks with Monteray. I had one and did a clean of my system using MacClean which seems to have sorted out the problem. There are some other solutions below.

-- Jenn Mishra, photographer & writer for Expert Photography & Photzy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with LR Classic or Cloud (desktop).
On Macbook Pro M1 13 inches 16Go... On Monterey...
We are waiting for updates from Adobe and Apple maybe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Known M1 problem with Apple, not a problem with Adobe or any other software mfg. Memory leak issue.

You can search the web on that.

Might relate to mouse pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines