• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom automatically unflags next photo I tap, after unflagging previous photo

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem:

In Develop Module, when I unflag a photo in the filmstrip, by clicking the flag, Lightroom will automatically unflag the next sequential filmstrip photo that I click, without touching the flag icon of that filmstrip photo.

Here's the sequence in Develop Module, filter set to Flagged Only:

1.  Select a filmstrip photo, by clicking center of filmstrip thumbnail.  Result: Thumbnail is highlighted as expected.
  2.  Unflag selected filmstrip photo, by clicking flag icon on thumbnail.  Result:  Photo is unflagged, and disappears as expected due to Flagged Only filter
  3.  Select the next sequential filmstrip photo, by clicking center of thumbnail, not touching flag icon.  Result: Photo is unflagged, and disappears.

Here's the system:

• Edition Windows 10 Home
  • Version 21H2
  • Installed on ‎3/‎17/‎2021
  • OS build 19044.1586
  • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
  • Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
  • Installed RAM 64.0 GB
  • System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Pen and touch Pen support
  • Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Tablet

• Lightroom Classic 11.2
  • Develop Module
  • Filter: Flagged photos only

Here's someone with the same problem that didn't get resolved, discussion is closed:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-i-unf...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Backup your preferences prior to resetting the preferences:   

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give this a try in a bit.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came back to say that I finally gave this a try between jobs.  It seems to have corrected the issue.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate this.  Also, i do not have to manually select the next photo as it is automatically selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point; and poor wording on my behalf. 

The next image is automatically selected/highlighted, however upon clicking on it (unnecessarily) it is being automatically unflagged.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, resetting preferences worked at first, then I went to dinner, came back to editing, and having the same problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here to say I experience the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. On Windows 10. Happens in Library module as well. Quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines