• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Backup Problem, Need Help Please

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it again. I tried to clean up my computer and save space. So I backed up lightroom as I closed it. Then I deleted 10 old backups, saving the most current 3. When I went to open up lightroom, I can find my catalog but when I open the folder, I cannot click on the zip drive. I've done this before. I'm having my moment of panic. Could someone help me out! Please? Yikes. I think I've got it figured out and then this happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can't open a zip file. Lightroom can only open files ending in .lrcat. Therefore, you'll need to expand the latest so that the catalog is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why you want to open a backup of your catalog? There is no need to do so unless your current catalog get corrupted  or lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to clean up my computer and save space. So I backed up lightroom [Classic] as I closed it. Then I deleted 10 old backups, saving the most current 3.

Backups should not be on the same drive as the original. Technically, this counts as not a backup. Why? Because if that hard disk fails, now you have zero copies of your catalog and zero backups.

When I went to open up lightroom, I can find my catalog but when I open the folder, I cannot click on the zip drive.

You have to unzip the backup (which can't be done in Lightroom Classic) before you can use it, but you don't need to use it if you can find your catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines