• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom backup

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have backed up my LR catalog on 2 seperate drives, after backing up, I have tried to open each one of the back ups, however, I get a pop up on each of them that says - Lightroom cannot use the catalog named "name of catalog" because it is not writable and cannot be opened.  

Hoping someone can help me solve this problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to unzip them. (on Windows, provisional on MAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9RGsNOI4qs

Did your Lightroom Classic catalog get corrupted? Joe Fitzpatrick shows us how to restore your catalog from a backup in this short video. He also teaches how to find it on your Windows or Mac computer. . Step by step list: https://www.understandphotography.com/?p=10760 .. Please subscribe to our ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!  That was a simple solution....that I should have known 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through the process of restoring a backup the other day. I extracted the catalog from the zip file and then copied that catalog to the folder where the damaged catalog was. Then I double clicked on the catalog and LrC opened normally. I could have started LrC in the normal fashion as well. Did you do something similar to what I did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines