• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Camera Specific Develop Presets

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import I can choose a develop preset. Among the choices are a series of "Camera Standard, Camera Neutral...etc". I have always assumed that those are Adobe's presets that are specific to my camera. Is that correct? 

Now I am using 2 different cameras (a Canon 7DII and an R6). My question is if I import from the 7D using "Camera Standard" does it use a 7D preset but when I import from the R6 does the same "Camera Standard" preset change to a R6 specific one? I have a set of presets for the R6 which I have been using assuming that the "Camera..." ones were already assigned to the 7DII, but it occurs to me that those "Camera..." presets may change when LR determines that I am using the R6. That would make my R6 set redundant. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

For others that read this and have the same question: these are Adobe presets that mimic in-camera settings, so they are indeed camera specific and automatically matched to the camera model.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the camera profiles in your Preferences > Presets tab? If yes then the profile you have chosen will be applied upon import. Can you post a screen shot of this tab in preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found answers to my question in other locations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For others that read this and have the same question: these are Adobe presets that mimic in-camera settings, so they are indeed camera specific and automatically matched to the camera model.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines