Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom cannot launch with this catalog. It is either on a network volume or on a volume on which

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a MAC having previously been using windows 10.  I have downloaded Lightroom Classic and when I go to open my catalog from my external hard drive I get the following message.

Lightroom cannot launch with this catalog. It is either on a network volume or on a volume on which Lightroom cannot save changes

Anyone know how to help?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021
Most likely you copied the catalog to an external drive that is NTSF formatted. MacOS can read those drives, but cannot write to it. That is what Lightroom is telling you: it cannot write to it. Copy the catalog folder to your internal drive and open it from there. That should solve it.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you copied the catalog to an external drive that is NTSF formatted. MacOS can read those drives, but cannot write to it. That is what Lightroom is telling you: it cannot write to it. Copy the catalog folder to your internal drive and open it from there. That should solve it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, It was a combination of the formatting and the fact I wasn't copying all the relevant files needed.  All sorted now though thank goodness.  Thought I was going to regret changing to a MAC lol.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines