• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cannot open cr3 or even jpg.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I cannot open cr3 files, and not even jpg, files in Lightroom. Worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Hoping it would help, I just updated Lightroom, to v 12.1, and I checked my Wondows 10 version, which is 22H2. Please, can you help, what should I do? Thanks! / Mats T, Uppsala, Sweden

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... additional info: Lightroom shows thumbnails OK in Library view, but the files (cr3 and jpg) do not show correctly in Develop view. / Mats T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not show correctly? What is wrong with them? If possible, show us a screen capture. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here is a screen capture. Lightroom dump 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products. Disable third-party graphics accelerators. Third-party GPU overclocking utilities and haxies aren't supported.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If the GPU and display profile isn't causing the problem, see:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped, disabling GPU! Thanks! / Mats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It helped, disabling GPU!"

That suggests you're tripping over a bug in the Mac's graphics driver.  The only way to update the driver is by updating to the most recent version of Mac OS.  Which version are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the OP is on Windows?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Looks like the OP is on Windows?"

Oops, right, I was looking at your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know the camera source of the CR3 files.

Please describe in more details what happens, or what not. Do you get an error message? What means can not open?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding! I have a Canon G5X. I Imported the raw files (cr3) to Lightroom. In Library view I see all files OK, but when going to Develop view (not sure that is the correct English term, I have Swedish as language), it shows images where there are just a lot of lines all over. No error messages. Thanks! / Mats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... also, I tried to check some jpg files I imported earlier. They look the same way in Develop view/mode.  So, it does not have to do with the file format. / Mats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try if it helps to deactivate the GPU support in preferences.

If yes, please update the GPU driver.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find GPU support in Preferences. Which tab? Not sure what GPU is, even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance Tab in preferences:

PreformanceTab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just found it, and it worked! Thanks! / Mats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are on 13.1 not an earlier version of Ventura. At least one user here had issues that we're resolved after the latest update of Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your gear, being able to activate the GPU support is a gain in performance.

I suggest updating the driver directly from the manufacturer's webpage, ie. AMD or Nvidia ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, next inquiry is what GPU do you have and what driver. Best obtained from 'help/system info/

Interested in this part:

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (31.0.15.1748)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines