• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cannot write to the following directories...

Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone answering a previous question about this said something I couldn't understand and then said he doesn't use this feature so maybe somebody else could comment.  I don't know what "this feature" is. Is there "Somebody else" out there? Please? My lightroom catalogue is on an external drive. my lightroom app is on my hard drive. What does this mean?

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.52.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sync files from LR Mobile ("Lightroom CC"), the files go into a folder. This message implies that you have pointed it to a folder without write permissions. Go into Preferences, and let's see a screenshot of the LRCC tab.

Also, try right clicking the folder where you want synced files to be stored, and set it as the LRCC location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem and I can't find the solution, can you help me?

Thank you so much.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to Preferences - Lightroom Sync and change the destination folder of the synced images. Lightroom has no permissions to write to the User folder, so choose another folder by clicking on the 'Choose...' button.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johan; Thank you very much. I have solved it with your help.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines