• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog cannot be opened

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a photo editor and I am having trouble opening the lightroom catalog my client sent me.

Whenever I try to open it, it pops up with a message that says The Lightroom catalog is not writable. It goes on to say that it could be caused by incorrect premissions or because another lightroom is using the catalog.

There is no .LOCK file on my end, so I wonder if it's a problem caused on the photographers side.

If you know what I can do to solve this, please help me!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Hi! Thank you for trying to help. 

I was finally able to solve the problem by simply copying the Lightroom catalog and smart previews file and pasting them into a different location.  

Strange and simply, but it worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Windows File Explorer and look at the catalogs permissions. And perhaps the folders permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thank you for trying to help. 

I was finally able to solve the problem by simply copying the Lightroom catalog and smart previews file and pasting them into a different location.  

Strange and simply, but it worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines