• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom catalog disappears

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently added a Photoshop Action to my Lightroom "post-processing - after export" options in the Export dialog. The action worked but I realized I needed to make a change to it. After fixing the action in PS, I replaced the .EXE file for the action in the applicable LR folder.

When I tried to use this action while exporting a file in LR, both LR and PS crashed. Upon trying to restart LR, I found that my catalog no longer existed. I checked the Lightroom folder in Windows Explorer (I'm running Windows 10) and found that my .lrcat file was gone. Fortunately, I had a backup from a couple of days ago and was able to restore that, so I didn't lose too much work.

I have a similar PS action that works fine from LR, so I tried replacing the problematic action again and (after backing up my LR catalog), I tried using this action while exporting an image. Again, the same exact thing happened... Both LR and PS crashed and my Lightroom .lrcat file disappeared.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening and what can be done to avoid it? For now, I have deleted the PS action from LR and will have to just open the image in PS and run the action separately there.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best check that hard drive for errors, sounds like a hard drive crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

That might make sense if this was a one time occurrence. But I was able to reproduce it by using the same sequence of events, while having no problems using a different PS action during the LR export process. Wouldn't that imply it's more of a Lightroom (or maybe Photoshop) issue than a hard drive issue?

Stu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  My cataloge is gone.  I have watched videos and finally spent over an hour with Adobe help but nothing is fixed.  He did an Adobe remote and could not find my catalogue.  I am very distressed.  I have work to do and cannot use lightroom.  This is ridiculous.  Paying for software that does not work.  So far an all day affair and way too much stress.  Not a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Repeatedly. And somebody always tells me its hardware-its not hardware,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never got my catalogue back. Lost thousands of photos and very upset with Lightroom and their so called help. I just basically started with a new catalogue. I had a backup on iMac but because of pandemic no one would come to my condo. I could not figure how to retrieve photos. Now my Lightroom photos are a mess. Nobody could figure them out but me.  I hope you have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines