• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom catalog is not optimized and increases in size

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the English I use a translator. The problem is in the lightroom directory. I deleted all the photos from the catalog and optimized the catalog, but it still takes up more than 100gb and they don't want to delete the previews in any way. I added files for work and after finishing deleted them until I noticed that there was very little space on the hard disk.

Mac os monterey lightroom v11
macbook pro 15 (2018)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Снимок экрана 2021-11-14 в 15.07.22.pngСнимок экрана 2021-11-14 в 15.07.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete the entire previews.lrdata. Lightroom will rebuild it when you start importing new pictures. The catalog file is only 14.4 MB if I read your info correctly, so there seems to be nothing wrong except for those previews that did not get deleted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to delete the entire directory to find the cause of the directory bloat. I keep more than 30,000 photos in a smart preview in the lightroom catalog because there is not enough space on my MacBook to store the originals. I add and delete projects every day, but the file with the first one is constantly inflated to critical sizes. there were no problems on the 10 version of lightroom after optimizing the catalog, previews were also deleted with deleted projects

when I upload all my shots to the catalog again and reach the limit, I cannot delete the file from the preview because I will lose the preview from all the projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when uploading to the catalog, I use the embedded preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get an external hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines