Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog keeps breaking.

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

My lightroom classic catalog keeps breaking on me. Forcing me to move older copies. Usually, ones that are very old and missing files. 

This has happened to me now 3 times in the past few months. In the past this happened to me as well. I imagine it happens to all Lightroom Classic users. But those times I could repair or recover the catalog. On all 3 occasions, I could not. Same with the backup of the backup. That I keep on my Google Drive. 

What I have done to remedy is go back to older version of Lightroom in the cloud app. Go to newer versions. Change the drive that I am using to store my Catalog on. In all cases the SSD's I use test at working and of good integrity. And all are relatively new. 

I keep the actual files separately on different drives, with a copy on a NAS and a copy on my Googledrive. I do however lose a ton of progress on my client work and personal work. And it really takes a ton of time, effort, and frustration. 

To clarify: I am running the newest version of Lightroom. The catalog is on a fresh SSD. The same happened on different SSD drives. I am running windows11 (maybe this is an issue). And all the drives show as being healthy. It happens when Lightroom is running and the PC is asleep. And the catalog is very big and spans multiple years and drive spaces. Repairing always fails. 

Possibly either of those can be the issue. PLEASE ADVISE ME!! 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Explain this in a lot more detail.

My lightroom classic catalog keeps breaking on me. Forcing me to move older copies. Usually, ones that are very old and missing files. 

What part of the catalog "breaks"? What does "break" mean here?

Also, please include your screen captures by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. My web browser cannot display attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines