Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Catalog Questions

Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to wipe my Mac and I am now going through my backup and I see lots of different .lrdata and .lrcat files

1. Do I need any of the .lrdata files? Helper.lrdata. Previews.lrdata, Synch.lrdata?

2. I know which catalog file is the correct one, though I also have .lrcat-wal and .lrcat.lock. Do I need to do anything with these?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The lrdata files are specific to a lrcat file so if you do not need a specific lrcat file you can also delete the corresponding lrdata file.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines