Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalog V10 V11 Other app has it open error

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Keep getting this message on loading LRC on Imac ?

Do I uninstall and start again ? dont want to loose my images ?

Any help would be gratefully received.

David

UK

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 18.56.57.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the folder in your operating system that contains this catalog file. In that folder, there should be a file whose name ends with .LOCK (might be lower case letters). Delete the .LOCK file. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE.

Also, uninstall/re-install never fixes catalog problems and so is not necessary and a waste of time here. Also, uninstall/re-install never causes you to lose your images or your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work well thank you, oddly all my pictures are no longer in date order and just one mass ?

Appreciate your help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work well thank you, oddly all my pictures are no longer in date order and just one mass ?

By @Hans_solo

not really sure what this means. Can you be more specific? Can you show us screen captures by including the screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog used to be in date order individual folders, now it would apperar that all photos are lumped together ?

Is there a way I could organise these in year order as it was before with dated folders ?

Its not the end of the world but annoying.

David 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 20.07.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 20.15.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog used to be in date order individual folders, now it would apperar that all photos are lumped together ?

By @Hans_solo

Not sure why you say it is not organized in folders now. What happens if you click on the triangle next to Folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I sorted it now thank you , I had to restore via Time machine which seems to have sorted the problem out.

Appreciate your help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines