Exit

Lightroom catalog was not found

Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Version 11.5

Operating System macOS 13 Ventura

Imported images earlier yesterday (5/10) at around 2pm and no issues. 12 hours later I go to import and I see, Lightroom Catalog Was Not Found.

My LRC catalog and all images are on my external SSD. I updated my MacBook Pro to Ventura 13.3.1 hours before my last (5/10) import but everything worked just fine after with no issues.

When I connect my SSD I see my catalog is where it has always been. I also received a notification from BackBlaze saying it could not backup the external SSD because of a name change?

I have not changed anything whatsoever and haven’t touched my MacBook or SSD since that last (5/10) import  at 2pm which went like normal.

I have noticed in the BackBlaze image that it's saying SanDisk SSD 1TB #11. So I included an image showing the info from the SSD folder on MacBook and it shows the same thing about #11? Not sure where this #11 came from. It always been named SanDisk SSD 1TB #1.

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

Any advice appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open Lightroom and get the "Catalog was not found" dialog box, select "Choose a different catalog" and browse to the location of the catalog on your external disk. Note that Lightroom might report "missing images" for the same reason, and you'll have to reconnect the images manually.

Alternately, you could change the name of the SSD back to remove the " 1" from the end of the name. I'm not sure how you would do that is MacOS. But apparently the OS did this to avoid having two external disks with conflicting names, as it must have reassigned the SSD during your OS upgrade. Changing the disk name back would solve the LR problem and also would solve your Backblaze problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael. Appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, here are instructions for renaming a disk:

https://www.addictivetips.com/mac-os/rename-disk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thank you, but I did not know that you could connect your catalog to a cloud service. I need to try that!!

Noah Lang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot "connect" a LrC catalog to a Cloud service!

You can however Sync images in a LrC Catalog Collection to the Cloud and have them available to mobile versions of Lightroom.

SYNC SETUP IN CLASSIC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Backblaze (on line) as my second backup besides the other external SSD drive for my MacBook which covers everything on the Mac including Lightroom of course.

I make weekly catalog backups and store them on my other SSD which is basically a copycat of my master SSD which stores my images and catalog.

Backblaze is just a cloud base backup but it is really great and gives you peace of mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines