• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom catalog wont open because there is not enough room on the hard drive

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have run into the issue where my lighroom catalog will not open because there is not enough space on my hard drive. It says before continuing, please make at least 20 MB available on this hard drive. I went ahead and move a bunch of files onto a different hard drive and deleted some old back ups but seems like that was not enough. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do to get that catalog to open?Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.26.23 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how much extra room did you make free? 20 MB is nothing (did you remember to empty the trash? Just throwing something into the trash does not delete it), so this may be a different issue than the error message suggests. Check this: Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this seems to clear up enough storage to open up the catalog I needed to edit the rest of the photos! I appreicate it 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this seems to clear up enough storage to open up the catalog I needed to edit the rest of the photos! I appreicate it 🙂 

By @Colette265306011r6i

This doesn't clear up any storage! The error message was wrong. The problem was that Lightroom did not have enough privileges to write to the drive. That's what you fixed with this setting.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other things to try:

• If the photos are on this same drive, then move (some or all of) the photos from this drive to another drive (follow the instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" in this document). Photos will take up a lot more space than the catalog file.
  • Move the catalog file to a different disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines