Exit

Lightroom Catalog

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I hope you are all well.

Sorry to bother you guys, but I have a massive issue. Unfortunately, during my move to our new house (thanks COVID) one of the LightRoom HardDrives with old pictures was damaged.

Through a software to recover data I managed to recover all the partition with the original Raws of the photos, but I am now struggling as the Catalog refuses to open and I can't seem to manage to repair it, nor my SQL knowledge is any good to do it.

I know that previously, some kind soul has tried to help out and recover a corrupt catalog. Can someone help me out? Size and all seem much correct... 😞

Here is the link, hoping someone can help out. My family and I will be very grateful for your help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19DbqA4-CqhCEPzRNTsVHzrsose79TY9c/view?usp=sharing

Giorgio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So as I understand it, you have all the original photo files recovered from the damaged drive.

1. Have you moved (copied) those photos to a new drive?

2. Also, was the Lightroom Catalog that will not open also on that damaged drive? and have you moved the catalog also to a new drive?

If everything is on a new drive, have you tried creating a new Lightroom catalog.

Then Importing from another catalog, and selecting that catalog (unzipped of course) ?

If that works, you will need to "link" the catalog with the original photofiles in their new location

and that is a fairly easy process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about the error message when you tried to open the catalog?

Do you have a backup of the catalog?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines